Sunday, May 5, 2013

Transitioning


Busy times for me the past few days. Much the same for the coming few, as I wrap up obligations at work before becoming a full-time writer.
For the past couple of days I have been transitioning by participating in the Idaho Writers and Readers Rendezvous put on by the Idaho Writers Guild. I was able to enjoy presentations by Michael Collings, Tony Doerr, Aaron Patterson and Joanne Pence, chat with A K Turner, Clay Morgan and Doug Copsey, have lunch with Les Edgerton and John Rember and dinner with CJ Box. I learned a lot from those folks, received much encouragement and topped it off by winning first place in the short fiction competition at the conference.
On the Anjels front, I’ve been doing a little light editing the past few days and I wrote  for permission to use the following as an epigraph for the novel:
“This is the story of how we begin to remember.” Paul Simon, Under African Skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment