Friday, March 8, 2013

A Word About Wizards

And today, a word about wizards. No, not the seemingly magic-dispensing kind that live in my Wizards Trilogy. I want to take a moment to thank the wizards at Google for making it possible for me to keep writing through some technical issues.

This past weekend I was trying to upgrade my computer system so that I could run Adobe Premiere. I want to be able to do a little freelance video work. In the process of doing that, I fried something. The jury is still out on what that might have been, but it turned my computer into a brick. I don’t do yellow tablets, so I was screwed. Or, I thought I was.


I work on Google Drive. It makes everything I do available to me in the cloud wherever I am. I could access my work from my Chromebook, but typing on a flat keyboard is extremely annoying to me. Then it occurred to me that the wizards at Logitech had made at tiny USB interface device for my wireless keyboard and mouse. I didn’t have my computer anymore, but I did have my wavy, natural keyboard and mouse. I plugged the USB module into the back of my Chromebook and, tada, it just worked. The screen is about 1/4 the size of my desktop screen, but I’m writing! Wait. No, I’m not. I’m blogging. And now, back to our story...

No comments:

Post a Comment