Saturday, February 9, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to the blog for my new adult novel, Anjels (working title). I wrote my young adult novels, Wizard Chase, Wizard Girl and Wizards’ End with readers fourth grade and above in mind. I expect most readers are a little older. Many of my readers are adults. So what makes this one an adult novel? In a word, it is bloody. I did not set out to write a bloody novel, but quickly found out there was no way around it. This book is set in a pre-technological society. Survival is job one. The culture of these female tribal members centers on hunting.

I consider it an adult novel, too, because it deals with the reproductive lives of its main characters. I fully expect that will disturb some parents. That this part of their lives is quite different from human sexuality will make little difference to parents who prefer to teach children about reproduction in their own way and in their own time. That is their right.

In this blog I will discuss writing, publishing, story telling and whatever comes to mind that is related to the new book, which will be released later this year. I will not tell the story of the book, however. More on that a bit later

Please join me in this little experiment. You will meet some beautiful and terrifying women and girls, along with an assortment of creatures both familiar and strange. I am likely to try out some names on you. Importantly, I will eventually ask your help in naming the book.

Thanks for your interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment